Degree in Video Game DesignUniversidad Europea de Madrid
Degree in Video Game Design
Design your future in the sector growing the most in terms of billings and employment on a global scale.
Learning By Doing creating stories, applying visual arts and learning to use new digital and multimedia tools. Turn your passion into your future.
When you finish you Degree in Video Game Design, you will be a versatile creator, programmer and producer with in-depth and state-of-the-art technical training, able to plan and manage all types of digital and interactive content. You will be able to work as a:
- Game Developer: creating and developing video games
- Creative Director
- Art Director
- Video games producer or screenwriter
- Apps programmer, artificial intelligence, simulators or physical systems who is an exepert in coding and IT languages and creates technical structures.
- Expert in virtual reality: these specialists must have knowledge of art, design, programming and dominate this new means for developing video games.
- UX Designer: plan the user experience. It is a mixed profile that must dominate mathematical and psychological aspects.
- Wacom Classrooms: there are two classrooms with 50 posts in total with 30 high performance digital screens Wacom Cintiq 22HD of large formats and 20 Wacom digital tablets of various formats for interactive design. In addition, the space has 20 backlighting supports to complete traditional transparent tracing techniques and a stereoscopic projector for 3D glasses.
- AVR Lab – Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Laboratory: this 100m2 laboratory is made up of different types of equipment to complete inversive experiences through digital glasses technology, remote controls and gloves for different platforms (smart TV, smart phone, videogame console) as well as equipment for capturing movement.
- Digital Manufacturing Laboratory – FabLab: this 150 m2 lab is made up of various rooms with rapid prototyping machines such as 3D scanners and 3D printers in different formats to work with plastic, resin, dust and ceramic, as well as numerical control machinery such as vinyl plotters, laser cutters, CNC milling machines and robotic arms of different characteristics.
- Gaming Room: classroom equipped with 25 high performance units for the development or video games.
- Chroma Room: 50 m2 studio equipped with technical equipment for cameras and production table to capture images and videos against a neutral backdrop.
If you are coming from outside of the Region of Madrid and would like to undertake the on-site full-time program, you can find accommodation in line with your needs: near to campus, safe, comfortable, in an academic setting, with good services, quality furnishings, etc. Thanks to the two student halls that Universidad Europea has, both located on campus and with capacity for 550 people, with all domestic, academic and safety needs ideally suited to a student.
These student halls are destined both for students or for those teachers or personnel who may need accommodation at some point: scientific, artistic or cultural exchanges, or even for any other person whose stay is directly or indirectly related to the University.