Master’s Degree in Communications and Sports JournalismUniversidad Europea de Madrid
Master’s Degree in Communications and Sports Journalism
Study all aspects of sports media including print, TV, radio and digital.
This master prepares students for all aspects of the sports communication and journalism world and give them the skills to succeed in any field they go into.
MODULE I. THE SPORTS JOURNALISM WORLD
- Social aspects associated with sport.
- New trends and current status of the sports market.
- Legal bases of sports.
- Economic bases of sports.
MODULE II. PRINT JOURNALISM
- News genres in sports journalism.
- Print and digital sports newspapers. Information on football and other sports.
- Sports writing in the general media.
- Regional editions. Specialist magazines. Multimedia environments.
- Agency sports journalism. Internet and combined editing.
- Photography in sports newspapers. Digital design and layout.
- Reporters and special correspondents. Coverage of major sports events.
- Columnist. Evolution and style of sports columns.
- Investigative and data journalism in sport.
- The transfer market in the world of football.
MODULE III. SPORTS RADIO
- History of sport on the radio in Spain.
- Sport of the radio today.
- Technological world of today’s radio. Digital content management system and mixer.
- Multi-connection programs. “Carrusel deportivo [Sports Carousel]”.
- Sports radio production.
- Daily sports programmes.
- Radio sports commentating.
- Radio sports interviews.
- Sports and their association with the radio.
- Sports radio and advertising.
- The voice as a communicative tool.
MODULE IV. TELEVISION AND SPORT
- Current television industry.
- Television audience indicators and workflows.
- Broadcasting rights and relaying of sports events.
- Use of digital camera and lighting equipment.
- Video editing and post-production in television. Editing in Avid.
- Production of sports television formats.
- Production of sports events.
- Creation and development of sports television programmes.
- Preparation of television reports.
- Television presenting. Auto-cue and body language.
- Television sports commentating.
- Television sports information. Sports information models, debate, opinion, interviews and correspondents.
MODULE V. DIGITAL JOURNALISM AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Online media world.
- Social networks and new trends.
- The world of sports blogs. Activities and case studies.
- Technological applications in sports journalism.
- Sports website structure.
- SEO positioning in sports journalism.
- Control tools in the use of social networks.
- Social network strategic analysis.
- Community manager sports media.
- Digital marketing on social networks.
- Personal branding and online reputation.
- Advertising strategy on digital media.
- Big Data and viewing data in the world of sport.
- Analytics, assessment and metrics.
MODULE VI. MANAGEMENT IN SPORTS COMMUNICATION
- Organizational chart and task distribution in a sports club (publications and communication).
- Sports marketing.
- Communication and managerial skills (leadership, decision making, negotiation and crisis management).
- Professions and sports professionals (writing for the radio, the web, press agencies, Ciudad Deportiva training complex and Real Madrid C.F. football and basketball press departments).
- Carrying out press conferences. Relations with sports personalities
- Sports protocol.
Ansøgning og adgangskrav
Student profile and study access information
The Master in Communication and Sports Journalism provides a specialisation for Journalism, Social or Audiovisual Communication graduates. It is also an interesting option for students from economics, social studies or sports studies backgrounds seeking to form associations with sports journalism and become leaders in the new working environments required by television, radio, digital environments and sports newspapers.
This is an ideal opportunity for graduates seeking a solid specialisation as part of a postgraduate qualification offering greatly enhanced employment prospects.