MBA - Master’s Degree in Sports ManagementUniversidad Europea de Madrid
MBA - Master’s Degree in Sports Management
A top-ranked program for management professionals in the world of sports.It enables students and sports managers to obtain the broadest possible perspective on all existing sports management models, not only in Spain but also beyond our borders
- Ranked as the Best Master’s Degree In Sports Management in Spain in 2019 by Eduniversal.
- Take part on a trip to New York to visit the headquarters of the NBA, MLS, and NHL
MODULE 1.- General Management
- Economic Analysis of the Sports Industry
- Strategic Planning. Analysis of Sports Environments and Competition
- Business Management Models and Economic Aspects
MODULE 2.- Finance
- Annual Accounts for Sports Clubs and Organizations
- Planning and Control in Sports Organization Management
- Financial Management
MODULE 3.- Sports Facility Management and Operation
- Infrastructure Management within a Sports Entity
- Production of Sporting Events
- Quality and Incident Management
MODULE 4.- Marketing and Communications
- Strategic and Operational Marketing
- Sponsorship in Sports
- Audiovisual Rights
- Sports and Society
- Sports and the Media
MODULE 5.- Managerial Skills and Human Resources
- People Management and Teamwork
- Coaching Applied to Sports
- Motivational Leadership of Teams
- Communication: Public Speaking in Professional Environments
- Emotional Intelligence in Sports Organizations
MODULE 6.- Specialization in Entrepreneurship, Sustainability and Social Responsibility in Sports
- Strategies for Starting a Sports Business
- The Business Plan and Financing
- International Organizations in Sports for Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sports
- Social Entrepreneurship in Sports
- Keys to Success and Failure
MODULE 7.- Specialization Branch B - Marketing and Communications (*)
- The Media
- Advertising Agencies
- Official Organizations
- Sports Rights
- Sporting Events and Brand Profitability
- Sports Clubs
- Brand and Identity Management
- Practical Application of a Communication Plan
- Social Network and the Community Manager
- Sports Content in the New Digital World
MODULE 8.- Specialization Branch C - Sports Facility Operation (*)
- Management of Sports Facility Operations
- Security and Technology at Sports Facilities
- Municipal Operations and Management
- The Fitness and Wellness Market
- Large Parks
- Golf Course Management
- Organization of Sporting Events
- Management of Leisure and Non-Conventional Spaces
MODULE 9.- Internship
MODULE 10.- Master's Thesis
(*) Of the four specializations student has to choose three. The Module VI Specialization Branch D – Sports Law, it is available campus based in the afternoon in Spanish.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN SPORTS MANAGEMENT
- Graduates from this program will be prepared for management careers in a sports context including within sports clubs, governing bodies and sports businesses.
The careers linked to this specialization are in companies relating to sports, in areas such as:
- Sports entertainment.
- Multi-sport events.
- Sports and exercise services (sport for all).
- Sports academies.
- Fitness/wellness chains.
- Athlete representation.
- Sports equipment multinationals.
- Sports infrastructure multinationals.
- Multinationals which invest heavily in sports sponsorship.
Ansøgning og adgangskrav
Student Profile and Study Access Information:
Graduates who wish to focus their professional careers on sports management, professionals in the field of sports who wish to update their knowledge, professionals from other fields of knowledge who wish to enter the sports world, or professional athletes who, having retired from competition, aspire to continue in the sports arena as managers.
The admissions process for Real Madrid Graduate School – Universidad Europea programs can take place at any time during the year, although enrollment on any graduate program will depend on the availability of places.
For personalized advice, you can go to either of our university campuses (La Moraleja or Villaviciosa de Odón), or contact us by phone:91 112 88 50 or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org receive advice from the Graduate Admissions staff.
Once candidates have received advice and have provided the necessary documentation, the Graduate Admissions staff will set a date for taking the entrance exams corresponding to the program they are interested in, and for a personal interview with the Master’s Program Director or a member of the Admissions Committee.
The admissions process involves no costs or commitment for candidates until their place is formally reserved.
Real Madrid Graduate School - Universidad Europea reserves the right to cancel or delay the start of a graduate program if the required minimum number of enrolled students is not met. The University also reserves the right to make any necessary changes in timetables, faculty assignments, location and campus for the programs. For more information, please check the Graduate School Regulations.