Originally established as The Ashmun Institute, Lincoln University received itscharterfrom the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on April 29, 1854, making it the nation's first degree-granting Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
Lincoln University, the nation’s first degree-granting Historically Black College and University (HBCU), educates and empowers students to lead their communities and change the world.
It does so by:
- Providing a rigorous liberal arts education featuring active and collaborative learning;
- Integrating academic and co-curricular programs with the University’s distinctive legacy of global engagement, social responsibility and leadership development; and
- Cultivating the character, values and standards of excellence needed to enable students to become responsible citizens of a global community.
Lincoln University will be a national model for both 21st century liberal arts undergraduate education and innovative graduate and professional programs.
Lincoln University’s Core Values support its mission and vision and shape its culture. These values are intended to educate our stakeholders—students, faculty, staff, alumni, community partners, and others—about the essence of our institutional identity—that is, who we are and how we operate. These values guide our decisions and reflect our ongoing commitment to the Lincoln Legacy of Excellence.
Respect: to consider every member of the community worthy of high regard.
To demonstrate respect:
- We actively listen to each other and seek to understand and appreciate diverse perspectives;
- We show consideration and appreciation for the time, talent, and resources of others as we plan and execute our work; and
- We honor our traditions and champion the Lincoln Legacy.
Responsibility: to be willing to answer for one’s conduct and fulfill obligations; and to choose for oneself between right and wrong.
To demonstrate responsibility:
- We act with integrity and are guided by sound ethical practices in our personal and professional lives to serve as a positive example for our community;
- We have high expectations and standards for ourselves, our students, our colleagues, and the University. We, therefore, challenge each other to achieve excellence; and
- We embrace the principle of reciprocity—giving back to others in gratitude for that which has been given to us.
Samfund og kultur
Sprog og litteraturvidenskab
Der er ingen evalueringer af Lincoln University endnu. Bliv den første!