Design isn’t just a way of making and doing; it’s a way of understanding and engaging with the world. Why study BA Design at Goldsmiths?
- The BA Design degree enables you to think imaginatively about the possibilities of design. Not just what design is; but what it might be. You’ll discover how design affects the environment as a whole, as you investigate its role within society and culture. You’ll learn to see design as a complex combination of systems and actions, and not just as a set of distinct practical skills.
- We give you access to studio space and industry-standard workshops, with the latest in laser cutting and 3D modelling technology.
- You’ll work on live briefs set by real life companies. These projects allow you to develop your ideas and present to design professionals, gaining valuable experience and insight.
- In your second year, you’ll have the chance to do a placement. Past placement hosts have included Selfridges and Alexander McQueen.
- Our graduates have gone on to work for top London design consultancies and major international brands including Dyson, LEGO, Google and Burberry. Many have also gone on to set up their own design studios.
- Students and graduates have also been successful in national and international competitions, winning awards including the New Designer of the Year Award, RSA Design Directions Award, the Design Museum’s ‘Design Mart’ and NESTA’s Creative Pioneer Programme.
Uddannelsen er på SU-fasttrack listen
Uddannelsen er godkendt til støtte i perioden fra 19. juni 2015 til 18. juni 2019. Efter denne periode skal uddannelsen igen vurderes for at komme på Fast Track listen.
Du vil måske også være interesseret i: