Media & BusinessErasmus Universieit Rotterdam
Media & Business
New digital technologies and globalisation have transformed the business of media as well as the life of other industries. International trade has strongly increased, markets have converged, ownership structures have shifted, consumer behaviour has changed, and new media products and business models have been developed.The Media & Business programme explores these developments and ways in which media firms and other companies adapt to altering business conditions and new modes of communication and business.
Students will use state-of-the-art theory and by working on real cases for companies you will learn to trace and analyse the fast paced technological and organisational changes in the media business. You will dive into the multiple challenges faced by companies, entrepreneurs and policymakers in the media industries and other business fields. By exploring the impact of new media technologies on existent business models as well as their innovative potential you will stand out amongst your peers in the labour market.
Five reasons to choose Media & Business at the EUR
- Using state-of-the-art theory you will learn to trace and analyse the fast paced technological and organisational developments in media and business. You will dive into the manifold communication challenges faced by companies, managers and workers in the media sector and other industries.
- The Media & Business programme features a practice-based approach through real world cases, guest lectures and seminars with media professionals and business people, and research collaborations with a wide range of media companies and other businesses.
- The programme facilitates an environment where business and communication come together: a perfect match for people who are fascinated by the dynamics of the media business and the intricacies of business communication.
- The programme is specifically designed for students with an international outlook and entrepreneurial mindset. Learning from international professors and peers in an interactive and small scaled environment challenges you to develop a broader perspective.
- You can join two different Honours Projects and also have the opportunity to extend your study by going on exhcange.
Ansøgning og adgangskrav
You are eligible for the master programmes Media & Business if you meet the following requirements:
- You hold a university Bachelor's degree in the social sciences or the humanities. Applicants for Media & Business with a BSc in Business Administration are also admissible;
- You have basic knowledge of the field of media and communication and social scientific research methods;
- You have a sufficient level of English proficiency (see below);
- Note: ESHCC students wishing to enter the Master’s programme, are advised to obtain at least 15 EC in the field of communication and media. ESHCC students are not automatically admitted to the Master’s programme of their choice: they still need to go through the full selection procedure.
Among candidates who meet the above requirements, a further selection is made according to:
- the relevance of their previous studies to the master programme concerned (i.e.Media & Business);
- Grade Point Average (GPA);
- academic writing and analytical skills;
- international background;