MA Media and CommunicationCity, University of London
This course has been developed for those who wish to extend, deepen, update and sharpen their knowledge and understand current developments in media and communications. It will also provide you with the confidence to undertake further studies related to your academic practice and support you disseminating this work. The methodological approaches and research tools you learn will be applied in your individual research projects and can be professionally applied to working in the field.
The Media & Communications MA will help you:
- Gain an overview of various specialist subdisciplines, including Big Data, Digital Cultures, Mobile Media, News and Information, and Social Media Develop a thorough grounding in the social, economic, political and policy context of media and communications.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of contemporary issues in media and communications.
- Gain an advanced understanding of recent developments and current debates in media and communications through a range of modules.
- Learn the methodological approaches and tools to effectively research in the field.
- Take an in-depth exploration of an aspect of theory or practice through the literature and/or empirical evidence and make recommendations to improve and develop current understanding.
The Department of Sociology at City offers you an extensive range of module options from across the broader field of Sociology. This enables you to specialise in your particular areas of interest whilst studying them from a different perspective, developing your critical skills and advancing your knowledge.
Uddannelsen er på SU-fasttrack listen
Uddannelsen er godkendt til støtte i perioden fra 28. juni 2017 til 27. juni 2021. Efter denne periode skal uddannelsen igen vurderes for at komme på Fast Track listen.